Lu Weibing raised five key aspects that were taken into account when developing breakthrough technology. They are:
- Loss of battery capacity – Weibing points out that as the charging power increases, the battery capacity decreases drastically over time. It is anticipated that when charging 100 W, the battery will "shrink" by 20% more than than when charging 30 W. A 5000 mAh battery will in fact become a 4000 mAh battery.
- Technology Architecture – Weibing was not very effusive here, but he said that very high charging voltage would be used.
- Performance – Xiaomi in this matter had to focus not only on achieving a charging power of 100 W, but also to maintain it throughout the entire charging process.
- Security – a Chinese manufacturer has developed charging technologies that are designed to protect equipment supporting Super Charge Turbo, but also chargers. There is talk of special protection for motherboards and cells against overheating, overvoltage, etc.
- Different loading scenarios – Xiaomi mentions that thanks to the new technology is also developing even faster wireless charging.
The representative of Xiaomi said that the 100 W Super Charge Turbo technology will go into mass production "in the near future". This is not very optimistic assurance, because it was previously said that the technology is to be ready later this year. Currently, the fastest charging technology remains 65 W SuperVOOC 2.0 from OPPO, which is supported by even OPPO Reno Ace.
Fast charging from Xiaomi