It will be more modern.
You are probably wondering at this moment what about the elderly who do not have to use computers and smartphones efficiently? The legislator also thought about them. Pharmacists will be able to dispense medicines also on the basis of informational printouts, which will be printed from the system by doctors at the patients' request during the visit.
How does e-prescription work?
E-prescription is a really convenient solution. If you could lose a paper prescription, you cannot lose an electronic prescription.
How long is the e-prescription valid for?
Modern electronic prescriptions they are valid even for 365 days (traditional ones were valid for a month). Only antibiotics should be purchased within 7 days, and prescription immunological drugs purchased within 120 days.
Doctors in paper form will still be able to issue some types of prescriptions. Exceptions apply to:
- prescriptions under target import
- prescriptions for people of unknown identity,
- cross-border prescriptions (until the end of 2020),
- prescriptions pro auctore and pro familiae (the decision on the choice of prescription form – paper or electronic – will be made by the issuer),
- lack of access to the e-health system, which may be related to, among others with failure of the above system or cabinet system / HIS or lack of Internet access.
The implementation of new solutions will certainly not impede patients' access to medicines. The new regulations do not provide for penalties for doctors who will issue paper prescriptions after January 8. Despite this, doctors are encouraged to switch to new rules.
Do you want to use e-prescriptions or want to enable them to be used by loved ones? Find out how to set up a Trusted Profile and why you should do it.